The mission of Emperor’s College of acupuncture is to help you become the healer you dream of being. We have a long and distinguished history of cultivating brilliant healers, teachers, and leaders in Oriental medicine who create the future of healthcare by word, deed, and through partnerships.
The use of the word brilliant conveys the intellectual and spiritual intent of our institution, as well as our expectations for our masters and doctoral graduates. It is a bold, audacious word, with connotations of light and enlightenment, reflecting the Taoist origins of the medicine, and conveying our vision of shining this medicine throughout the world.
Graduates of Emperor’s College of Traditional Oriental Medicine will be:
- Knowledgeable in the diversity, theory, history and philosophy of Oriental medicine. Graduates will be capable of drawing on this knowledge to inform their clinical practice.
- Professional and ethical healthcare providers in all aspects of their clinical practice, including their interactions with patients as well as colleagues.
- Competent in the safe and effective clinical practice of Oriental medicine, including the assessment, diagnosis and treatment of patients in a variety of practice settings.
- Knowledgeable and skilled in the competencies required to integrate Western biomedicine information within their practice of Oriental medicine.
- Prepared and knowledgeable in the skills required for lifelong learning as successful practitioners within the general community.
Beliefs and Values
Emperor’s College is dedicated to providing a top quality Oriental medicine education to its students and leading the way for the integration of Oriental medicine in the modern healthcare system. To that end the master’s and doctoral degree programs focus on exposing students to the myriad of schools of thought within Oriental medicine, integrating eastern and western medical knowledge, fostering cohesive relationships within the totality of the medical community and developing the nurturing quality of the practitioner.
Emperor’s also holds a strong belief in supporting the local and global community. Free public lectures are hosted on a quarterly basis to increase awareness and benefits of Oriental medicine. Outreach events such as wellness fairs, community health events and graduate school fairs are attended annually and Emperor’s faculty and staff are regularly invited to present at a variety of corporate, university and professional functions. Emperor’s College Acupuncture Clinic serves over 15,000 patients each year and Emperor’s Library is a resource for students and public alike.
As an appreciation of nature is an integral component of the philosophy of Oriental medicine, a respect for its natural resources is a fundamental principle at Emperor’s College. Green values have guided a reduction in paper waste with most course materials, academic calendars and class schedules now available online. Blue bins are present throughout campus and recycled materials are used when possible.
Emperor’s College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, gender, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, religion, disability, medical condition, marital/parental status or status such as disabled veteran or veteran of the Vietnam era, in the administration policies, admission policies, scholarships, financial aid, employment, or any other program or activity.