Opportunities to learn and to fulfill your dreams and realize your potential like no other acupuncture school in the world
- Opportunities: No acupuncture school offers you more. And they don’t end when your degree is conferred, we are starting a new set of initiates to provide both students and alum with unique, and in some cases even groundbreaking, opportunities that we are confident will make a big difference to you as a student now and as a practitioner long into the future.
- Supportive Student Community: Emperor’s has an unparalleled support system, supportive student community and nurturing learning environment, there is no need to ever go it alone.
- Empowering Administration: The doors of everyone in the administration are always open to students and we work hard to empower each and everyone of them to become the very best student, then practitioner that they can be, it starts from the first time you reach out to the admissions department inquiring about the school.
- Amazing teachers: Emperor’s is widely recognized as having the finest faculty in the U.S. and among the top 5 in the world.
- You’ll be prepared: We have a very high student pass rate on the national board exams, regularly ranking among the top schools in the country.
- Financial aid and scholarships are available.
- Firm Foundation: We fully embrace, nurture and cultivate the spirituality of the medicine without it dominating or overwhelming the program.
- Concentrations: Like college minors, but on steroids, the Concentrations give students a way to organize a combination of classroom and clinical experiences around an area of interest.
- Community Service: No other OM college offers more opportunities to give back than Emperor’s College, opportunities that provide students with important and unique learning experiences.
- Advanced Degrees too: We are one of only six acupuncture schools in the U.S. to also offer a fully accredited doctoral degree.
- Tradition: Emperor’s College is the oldest OM college in Southern California and one of the oldest in North America.
- Alumni: Emperor’s College is working to create the most robust and involved alumni association of any AOM college.
- Location: The college is situated in beautiful Santa Monica, an affluent and diverse seaside community with year-round outdoor living. Biking and walking are easy in Santa Monica and the public transportation system is great. Santa Monica is most definitely not Los Angeles, but the city is not to far away if that is what you are interested in.
Emperor’s College master’s program is the most comprehensive acupuncture and Oriental Medicine program in the nation, consisting of 2,240 classroom hours and 970 hours of clinic training. As a result, we have one of the highest pass rates on the national and California board exams. Year-in and year-out, we rate among the top schools and our students are widely recognized to be the most prepared.
There is no other oriental medicine school in the country that makes available more opportunities for their students to learn and master their skills than Emperor’s College. Not only will you be working with an internationally trained faculty that is generally recognized to be the finest in the U.S. and among the top 5 in the world, you will have ample opportunity to get hands-on training outside the classroom and clinic through amazing externships, supervised volunteer actions, and even traveling abroad with faculty members bringing acupuncture and Oriental Medicine to underserved communities.
At Emperor’s, you will get an unparalleled education in Oriental Medicine as well as robust western medical instruction, but unlike most acupuncture schools, Emperor’s College students are offered a broad range of elective classes to select from. Throughout the curriculum, students at Emperor’s College are encouraged to take electives in nutrition, advanced herbal medicine, nutrition, Korean acupuncture, Japanese acupuncture, five element theory, classical Chinese medicine, acupressure, shiatsu, meditation, advanced tai chi, and advanced qi gong.
When you sit for your board exams and then beyond when you begin working in an established clinical practice or even creating your own private practice, you will be ready and prepared!
Feel free to give us a call at (310)453-8300 ext. 119 if you have any questions
➤ Download a pdf of the 2013-2015 master’s program catalog
➤ View a webinar to learn what makes Emperor’s College your best choice to realize your dream of becoming a highly qualified practitioner of acupuncture