Applying to the Doctoral Program
- A new DAOM cohorts start every Spring and Fall.
|Application Due Date||Interview Dates||Notification of Acceptance will be on or after|
|Mar 6, 2020||Jan 6 - Mar 6, 2020||Feb 21, 2020|
|Sept 4, 2020||Jul 1 - Aug 31, 2020||Aug 14, 2020|
|Mar 5, 2021||Jan 11 - Mar 5, 2021||Feb 19, 2021|
Apply Now To The DAOM
Emperor’s College seeks candidates who have a commitment to lifelong learning and a passion for the advancement of Traditional Asian Medicine with integration of contemporary biomedicine.
All application materials are weighted equally with no one piece given more importance than another. Applications are not considered complete until all materials have been submitted in full.
To be considered for admission please consider the following steps:
- Reach out to the Admissions Department at firstname.lastname@example.org and/or over the phone 310-469-1615 to schedule a one-on-one meeting for personalized assistance.
- Upon request and meeting the minimum academic requirements, a digital application form will be sent.
- Official transcripts showing completion of a Master’s degree in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine are required. Official transcripts from undergraduate colleges may be requested, in special circumstances.
- Current resume or curriculum vitae.
- A case study.
- Two letters of recommendation from professional or academic colleagues describing readiness of the applicants to undertake and complete an academic program at the doctoral level and their qualities as a health care professional.
- Verification of current clinical license or credentials in state, province or country of residence, or proof that such is actively being sought.
- TOEFL score, if necessary. International students, click here.
- Non-refundable application fee of $100 for domestic applicants ($150 for international applicants), check or money order made payable to Emperor’s College.
Financial Aid is available to DAOM students. Click here to learn more.
The Next Steps
Each applicant of the DAOM program will be interviewed prior to being accepted. Depending upon circumstances, such interview generally will be held in-person at Emperor’s College, but may be conducted via phone or video conference. Candidates will be evaluated based upon their academic and professional record, leadership qualities, and dedication to the advancement of Tradition Asian Medicine. The College looks for candidates who will contribute professionalism, diversity and passion to the cohort dynamic. Career aspirations will be identified to ensure that the doctoral program meets the applicant’s needs.
Notification of Acceptance
Applicants will be notified in writing of the decision of the admissions committee approximately 4-6 weeks prior to the cohort start date.
Intent To Enroll
Upon notification of acceptance, you will be asked to respond with an Intent to Enroll, a $500 deposit that will be applied to your first quarter tuition fees. This deposit reserves your space in your cohort of application.
After your Intent to Enroll and deposit has been received, we will arrange a time for you to meet with an academic counselor.
If you are applying for Financial Aid, contact the Emperor’s College Financial Aid Office at email@example.com to schedule an appointment.
- Once accepted, the applicant must submit the following documents prior to being officially enrolled in the program:
- Sign, date and submit the Enrollment Agreement. This must be submitted at least one month before your first class meeting.
- Copy of a valid CPR (cardiopulmonary resuscitation) health care provider card or certificate.
- Official copy of California acupuncture license for display in Emperor’s College Acupuncture Clinic (CA licensed acupuncturists only).
- Copy of certificate of malpractice insurance with minimum coverage of $1 million/ $3 million, listing Emperor’s College Acupuncture Clinic as an additional insured (CA licensed acupuncturists only).
New Student Orientation
New Student Orientation takes place on the Wednesday of the first doctoral meeting and is mandatory.