Applying to the Doctoral Program
You now have two choices for applying to Emperor’s College DAOM program.
A new DAOM cohorts start every Spring and Fall.
|Application Due Date||Interview Dates||Notification of Acceptance will be on or after|
|February 28,2019||January 1-February 28, 2019||February 15, 2019|
|August 31, 2019||July 1-August 31, 2019||August 16, 2019|
Emperor’s College seeks candidates who have a commitment to lifelong learning and a passion for the advancement of Oriental medicine with integration of contemporary biomedicine.
All application materials are weighted equally with no one piece given more importance than another. Applications are not considered complete until all materials have been submitted in full.
To be considered for admission to the doctoral program, please complete the following:
- Completed doctoral program application (ZIP file) including sample case study.
- One recent passport-quality photograph in medium to high quality digital format (.jpeg or .png), emailed to email@example.com. This will be included in your file and for your student ID.
- For more information about passport quality photos please visit https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports/requirements/photos.html.
- Official transcripts showing completion of a Master’s degree in Traditional Oriental Medicine is required. Official transcripts from undergraduate colleges may be requested, in special circumstances.
- Current resume or curriculum vitae.
- Two letters of recommendation from professional or academic colleagues describing readiness of the applicant to undertake and complete an academic program at the doctoral level and his/her qualities as a health care professional.
- Verification of current clinical license or credentials in state, province or country of residence, or proof that such is actively being sought.
- TOEFL score, if necessary. International students, click here.
- Non-refundable application fee of $100 for domestic applicants ($150 for international applicants), check or money order made payable to Emperor’s College.
Financial Aid is available to DAOM students. Click here to learn more. If you choose to apply for Financial Aid, please include at the time of application
- The Financial Aid application (included in the doctoral program application)
- Copies of two forms of ID– drivers license, social security card, US passport, Permanent Resident card (green card).
The Next Steps
Each applicant of the DAOM program will be interviewed prior to being accepted. Depending upon circumstances, such interview generally will be held in-person at Emperor’s College, but may be via phone or video conference. The candidate will be assessed for life skills and skills relating to the DAOM program and to ensure he or she has a fair chance of succeeding. Any special learning needs will be identified as part of the interview process. Career aspirations will be identified to ensure that the doctoral program meets the applicant’s needs.
Notification of Acceptance
Doctoral applicants are evaluated based on their own merit, as well as in relation to each other. We look for candidates who will contribute professionalism, diversity and passion to the cohort dynamic. Applicants will be notified in writing of the decision of the admissions committee approximately 4-6 weeks prior to the cohort start date.
Intent To Enroll
Upon notification of acceptance, you will be asked to respond with an Intent to Enroll, a $500 deposit that will be applied to your first quarter tuition fees. This deposit reserves your space in your cohort of application.
- After your Intent to Enroll and deposit has been received, we will arrange a time for you to meet with an academic counselor.
- If you are applying for Financial Aid, contact the Emperor’s College Financial Aid Office at 310-453-8300 x123 to schedule an appointment.
- Foreign applicants, contact the Emperor’s College DSO at 310-453-8300 x119.
Once accepted, the applicant must submit the following documents prior to being officially enrolled in the program:
- Sign, date and submit the Enrollment Agreement. This must be submitted at least one month before your first class meeting.
- Copy of a valid CPR (cardiopulmonary resuscitation) health care provider card or certificate.
- Official copy of California acupuncture license for display in Emperor’s College Acupuncture Clinic (CA licensed acupuncturists only). Click here for the official Application for Duplicate License.
- Copy of certificate of malpractice insurance with minimum coverage of $1 million/ $3 million, listing Emperor’s College Acupuncture Clinic as an additional insured (CA licensed acupuncturists only).
New Student Orientation
New Student Orientation takes place on the Wednesday of the first doctoral meeting and is mandatory.