The mission of Emperor’s College is to cultivate brilliant healers, teachers, and leaders in Oriental medicine who create the future of health care by word, deed, and through partnerships.
Core Values Statement
At the December 2010 strategic planning retreat, Emperor’s College affirmed the core values of the institution. The core values are as follows, not in priority order:
- Honesty and Integrity
- Quality education
- Leadership in Oriental Medicine
At the September 2011 strategic planning retreat, Emperor’s College created a vision statement for the institution. The vision statement is as follows:
Emperor’s College will be internationally recognized for innovative education in acupuncture and Oriental medicine and in personalized health care.
Master’s Program Educational Objectives
Students will be:
- Knowledgeable in primary and secondary meridian pathways, point locations and their clinical applications, therapeutics, acupuncture, and moxibustion. Student will have knowledge of other adjunct techniques and be able to incorporate a variety of systems such as auricular, scalp, and extraordinary points.
- Knowledgeable in the historical traditions of herbal medicine and knowledgeable and familiar with the safe and appropriate usage of herbs and formulas, as well as how to educate patients on their appropriate preparation and usage.
- Knowledgeable in the diversity, theory, history and philosophy of Oriental Medicine, including tuina, tai chi and qi gong. Able to create effective and appropriate treatment plans based on OM diagnostic criteria.
- Knowledgeable in Western biomedical foundation and theories, skilled in basic physical assessment, and be able to recognize red flags and make appropriate referrals.
- Competent in the safe, ethical, and effective clinical practice of Oriental medicine, including the assessment, diagnosis and treatment of patients in a variety of practice settings according to state and federal regulations.
DAOM Educational Objectives
- Apply the knowledge and skills of the fundamentals and mechanisms of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (AOM)
- Apply the knowledge and skills related to biomedical assessment
- Develop multiple modalities
- Educate others in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (AOM)
- Combine and synthesize concepts and ideas for professional growth
- Analyze and employ research findings for clinical use