Master’s Program: How To Apply
Applying to Emperor’s College is easy. Just follow the steps below.
Emperor’s College accepts and admits new students four times a year: Winter, Spring, Summer and Fall. There are two application submission dates for each quarter, Early Consideration and Standard. Typically, Early Consideration Applications are due ten weeks prior to the start of the quarter while Standard Application due dates can vary, review application deadlines with associated fees on the MTOM Academic Calendar here.
Apply to Acupuncture School
Emperor’s College seeks applicants who demonstrate academic maturity and a commitment to making the world a healthier place through the use of acupuncture and Traditional Asian Medicine.
All application materials are weighted equally with no one piece given more importance than another. Applications are not considered complete until all materials have been submitted in full to the Admissions Office.
To be considered for admission please complete the following:
- Reach out to the Admissions Department at email@example.com and/or over the phone 310-469-1615 to schedule a one-on-one meeting for personalized assistance.
- Upon request and meeting the minimum academic requirements, a digital application form will be sent.
Applicants for admission to the Master’s Program must submit the following documents for consideration:
- Application Part 1 – Personal Data. Personal Information. Photograph.
- Application Part 2 – Personal Statement. Short Answers. Additional Questions. Essay.
- Application Part 3 – Two letters of reference. Reference forms should be given to two individuals who can comment on your intellectual promise, commitment and character. Forms may be completed by academic or professional references. (Persons providing references may not be related to you).
- Application Part 4 – Financial Aid Enrollment Application. This part of the application is optional. Only applicants intending to apply for financial aid need to complete this section upon request, and will be emailed separately from the main application.
Submit the completed application along with the non-refundable application fee which can be paid online. Arrange to have official academic transcripts from each college or university attended sent directly to Emperor’s College Admissions Office. Arrange to have Course-by-course Transcript Credential Evaluation for all coursework completed outside of the United States sent directly to Emperor’s College Admissions Office.
Hard copies of your official transcripts can be mailed out to:
Director of Admissions.
1807 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 200. Santa Monica, CA 90403
The Next Steps
Once all materials have been received and reviewed, an admissions interview will be scheduled. Depending upon circumstances, such interview generally will be held in-person at Emperor’s College, but may be conducted via video conference. The admissions committee looks for qualities desirable in a practitioner of acupuncture and Traditional Asian Medicine: a compassionate soul, a healing spirit, an enthusiasm for learning, a mature demeanor and strong communication skills.
Notification of Acceptance
Applicants will be notified in writing of the admissions committee’s decision within 5 days of their interview.
Intent to Enroll
Upon notification of acceptance you will be asked to respond with an Intent to Enroll, a $100 tuition deposit that will be applied to your first quarter tuition. This deposit reserves your space in your quarter of application.
After your intent to enroll has been received we will arrange a time for you to meet with an academic advisor to plan you first quarter class schedule. This meeting can happen in person or by telephone. Because of the flexible class schedule at Emperor’s College, your advisor will be able to help you plan a class schedule that bests suits your needs.
You will be notified of the Orientation date upon your acceptance. Orientation typically takes place a couple of days prior to the start of the quarter and is a mandatory meeting to prepare you with the tools you will need to succeed at Emperor’s College. It is also a great time to meet your fellow classmates and have any remaining admission, financial aid or academic questions answered.