Master’s Program: How To Apply
Applying to Emperor’s College is easy. Just follow the steps below.
Emperor’s College accepts and admits new students four times a year: Winter, Spring, Summer and Fall. There are two application submission dates for each quarter, Early Consideration and Standard. Typically, Early Consideration Applications are due ten weeks prior to the start quarter while Standard Application due dates can vary, review application deadlines with associated fees on the MTOM Academic Calendar here.
Apply to Acupuncture School
Emperor’s College seeks applicants who demonstrate academic maturity and a commitment to making the world a healthier place through the use of acupuncture and Oriental medicine.
All application materials are weighted equally with no one piece given more importance than another. Applications are not considered complete until all materials have been submitted in full to the Admissions Office.
To be considered for admission please complete the following:
- Download Master’s Program Application (zip file). There are multiple parts to the application, instructions and a check list are included.
- Arrange to have letters of recommendation written for you. Forms are included in the application.
- Return the completed application along with the non-refundable application fee which can be paid by check, money order, or you can call us (310.453.8300 x106) with your credit card number. The application may be emailed and a check or money order sent separately. Check or money order should be made payable to Emperor’s College.
- Arrange to have official academic transcripts from each college or university attended sent directly to Emperor’s College Admissions Office.
- Arrange to have Course-by-course Transcript Credential Evaluation for all coursework completed outside of the United States sent directly to Emperor’s College Admissions Office.
The Next Steps
Once all materials have been received and reviewed, an admissions interview will be scheduled. In-person and telephone interviews are available. The admissions committee looks for the qualities desirable for a practitioner of acupuncture and Oriental medicine: a compassionate soul, a healing spirit, an enthusiasm for learning, a mature demeanor and strong communication skills.
Notification of Acceptance
Applicants will be notified in writing of the admissions committee’s decision within 5 days of their interview.
Intent to Enroll
Upon notification of acceptance you will be asked to respond with an Intent to Enroll, a $100 tuition deposit that will be applied to your first quarter tuition. This deposit reserves your space in your quarter of application.
After your intent to enroll has been received we will arrange a time for you to meet with an academic advisor to plan you first quarter class schedule. This meeting can happen in person or by telephone. Because of the flexible class schedule at Emperor’s College, your advisor will be able to help you plan a class schedule that bests suits your needs.
You will be notified of the Orientation date at time of acceptance. Orientation typically takes place a couple of days prior to the start of the quarter and is a mandatory meeting to prepare you with the tools you will need to succeed at Emperor’s College. It is also a great time to meet your fellow classmates and have any remaining admission, financial aid or academic questions answered.