Emperor’s College is the only accredited college of acupuncture and Oriental medicine that has a veteran’s liaison on staff. Call (310)453-8300 ext. 107 to speak with her, or fill out the form at the bottom of the page and she’ll reach out to you.
Veteran Comparison Shopping Sheet
Download the Veteran Comparison Shopping Sheet to get a snapshot of your estimated cost of attendance and financing options.
Your G.I. Bill® education benefits
Both the Montgomery GI Bill®* (Chapter 30) and the Post 9/11 GI Bill® (Chapter 33) can be used to pay for your education at Emperor’s College. Check out the VA’s Online College Comparison Tool.
As a veteran, it’s the perfect time to start exploring the field of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine as a career, but with so much information (and misinformation) floating around, and so many places competing for your GI Bill® – Where do you start?
- The first thing to know is that the percentage of tuition which will be covered is going to be based on your time of service.
- If you have Post 9/11 GI Bill® educational benefits, you should find out what percentage of tuition you qualify for (80%? 100%?) and how many months of benefits you are entitled to. You can get that information from your V.A. counselor or by calling the V.A. Education Benefits Line (1-888-442-4551).
- If you are covered by the Montgomery GI Bill®, it may be worth your while to convert your standard Montgomery GI Bill® to the Post 9/11 GI Bill®. The main advantage of doing this is that the Post 9/11 pays for a percentage of your school tuition as well as providing BAH/MHA equal to rank E-5 for your school’s zip code. Here is a link to a user-friendly calculator to determine your BAH.
- Check with your V.A. counselor to see which GI educational benefit makes the most sense for you to use.
- Acupuncture school can be relatively expensive, so having your tuition covered by the Post 9/11 GI Bill® in addition to BAH is an enormous advantage. If you decide to convert your standard Montgomery GI Bill® to the Post 9/11 GI Bill®, here is the link to getting you set up with Post 9/11 GI Bill®. Click on the option that allows you to Apply Online and you will be redirected to the VONAPP portal. Make sure that you have your DD214 handy, you’ll need it to input your last date in service and etc.
It’s a very exciting time to be in the field of acupuncture and the opportunities for veterans are especially promising. So whether you have always been interested in acupuncture or your time in service has exposed you to this amazing medicine, now is a great time to explore your opportunities in Traditional Oriental Medicine.
* “GI Bill®” is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at www.benefits.va.gov/gibill