MTOM Transfer Students
It is not uncommon for a student to start at another traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) school to then realize they missed a great opportunity with Emperor’s College. It is never too late to experience what you’ve been missing, because the Admissions Department at Emperor’s is expert in handling all kinds of transfer credit situations. Whether you have just begun your studies or are a mere year away from graduating from another California acupuncture board approved program, or interested in transferring from a non-California acupuncture board approved school, or certified out of state and seeking California licensure we have the answers to your questions and are willing to help you get the most out of your previous training.
We can also assist those who are Western health care providers, such as physicians, physician’s assistants, nurse practitioners, nurses and chiropractors, significantly maximize their credentials so they can enjoy an accelerated masters program in acupuncture and Oriental medicine.
If you are interested in receiving a complete transfer credit evaluation, which will show you your progress in Emperor’s College curriculum, prior to applying we are happy to assist you.
To get started, contact the Admissions Department at 310-453-8300 ext. 119 and we will walk you through the steps of transfer credit evaluation.
Apply as a Transfer Student
International Transfer Students
Emperor’s College may accept units of study completed at foreign acupuncture colleges that do not have status with the Accreditation Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine(ACAOM). Such transfer students must meet the current requirements in effect.
Transcripts from foreign countries must be translated into English and evaluated by an academic credential evaluation service.
Transfer Credit Policies and Procedures
- Official academic transcripts, submitted directly to the Admissions Department, from all colleges or universities where transfer credit is requested.
- All transferable coursework must have been completed within 5 years prior to admission (with the exception of current employment in a field relevant to the course).
- All transferable coursework must have received a grade of “B” or above.
- Any coursework which is counted towards the minimum 60-unit requirement for admission is ineligible for transfer credit.
- Transferable courses must have the same content as Emperor’s College courses for which transfer credit is being applied. The evaluator will determine if this is the case.
- All requests for transfer credit must be made within the first year of matriculation.
- Up to 100% transfer credit may be granted for Emperor’s College courses in basic sciences and Western clinical sciences from ACAOM or a regionally accredited programs.
- Up to 100% transfer credit may be granted for Emperor’s College courses in Acupuncture, Herbal Medicine, and Oriental Medicine for coursework taken at California Acupuncture Board (CAB)-approved and ACAOM-accredited programs.
- Up to 100% transfer credit may be granted toward Emperor’s College clinical training requirements from CAB-approved and ACAOM-accredited programs.
- Credit may be transferred or challenged for up to 50% of Emperor’s College requirements in Acupuncture, Oriental Medicine, Herbal Medicine and Clinic categories from ACAOM-accredited but non-CAB approved programs.
- Regardless of the conditions cited above, all students must complete a minimum of 64 didactic units and 200 clinical hours in no less than one year (4 quarters) in residence to graduate from Emperor’s College.
- Coursework taken at another institution after admission to Emperor’s College is not transferable unless approved in advance in writing by the Academics Department.
- Courses not eligible for transfer credit might be eligible for a challenge exam. A request for challenge exam must be submitted to the Academic Dean. There is a $100 charge for each challenge examination and a passing score of 80% is required. Only one challenge exam per subject is permitted. All challenge exams must be complete by the end of the first year of matriculation.
- Upon matriculation and completion of the transfer credit process, a $100 Transfer Credit Processing fee will be applied to the student ledger.