Emperor’s College is very fortunate to have a culturally diverse student body in both its doctoral and master’s degree programs of acupuncture and Oriental medicine. The myriad of backgrounds brings life to campus and rewards each student with a strong community of like-minded individuals from which to draw.
All courses in the doctoral program are taught in English. Applicants who are non-native English speakers may be required to demonstrate competency in the English skills needed for academic success through a Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) exam.
Emperor’s College is authorized under federal law to enroll non-immigrant alien students who meet our general admissions requirements and to comply with all federal guidelines under the United States Immigration and Naturalization Service.
Apply as an International Doctoral Fellow
International applicants who wish to be considered for admission to the doctoral program must complete the following:
- General admissions and application process
- Official academic transcripts translated into English
- A comprehensive course-by-course evaluation of all foreign academic transcripts performed by an academic credential evaluation service that is a member of NACES
- Documentation of TOEFL score, if applicable (see below for score requirements)
- An I-20 request form with a photocopy of your passport
- Evidence of financial resources sufficient to complete the academic program, which is approximately $28,500
In addition to providing translated versions of official academic transcripts to Emperor’s College, applicants must have all foreign academic transcripts evaluated by a NACES-member credential evaluation service. We recommend WES (World Education Services) for their efficient, reliable and student-friendly service. Please visit the WES website for instructions on how to request a comprehensive course-by-course evaluation.
Applicants who are non-native English speakers may be required to demonstrate competency in the English language skills through a Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) exam. Emperor’s College TOEFL score requirements are 79 on the internet based test (iBT), 550 on the paper based test or 213 on the computerized test. Emperor’s College TOEFL code is 8409. For details on TOEFL, please visit www.toefl.org.