Applying to the Doctoral Program
You now have two choices for applying to Emperor’s College DAOM program.
A new class starts every Spring and Fall.
|Application Due Date||Interview Dates|
Start Date October 12, 2016
|September 2, 2016||July 1, 2016 - September 30, 2016|
Start Date April 19, 2017
|February 28, 2017||January 1, 2017 - March 31, 2017|
Start Date October 11, 2017
|September 1, 2017||July 7, 2017 - September 29, 2017|
Emperor’s College seeks candidates who have a commitment to lifelong learning and a passion for the advancement of Oriental medicine with integration of contemporary biomedicine.
All application materials are weighted equally with no one piece given more importance than another. Applications are not considered complete until all materials have been submitted in full.
To be considered for admission to the doctoral program, please complete the following:
- Completed doctoral program application including sample case study.
- Official academic transcripts from all colleges and universities previously attended.
- Current resume or curriculum vitae.
- Two letters of recommendation from professional or academic colleagues describing readiness of the applicant to undertake and complete an academic program at the doctoral level and his/her qualities as a health care professional.
- Copy of current clinical license or credentials in state, province or country of residence, or proof that such is actively being sought.
- One recent passport-size photograph.
- TOEFL score, if necessary.
- Non-refundable application fee of $100 for domestic applicants ($150 for international applicants), check or money order made payable to Emperor’s College.
The Next Steps
Each applicant of the DAOM program will be interviewed prior to being accepted. Depending upon circumstances, such interview generally will be held in-person at Emperor’s College, but may be via phone. The candidate will be assessed for life skills and skills relating to the DAOM program and to ensure he or she has a fair chance of succeeding. Any special learning needs will be identified as part of the interview process. Career aspirations will be identified to ensure that the doctoral program meets the applicant’s needs.
Notification of Acceptance
Doctoral applicants are evaluated based on their own merit, as well as in relation to each other. We look for candidates who will contribute professionalism, diversity and passion to the cohort dynamic. Applicants will be notified in writing of the decision of the admissions committee approximately 4-6 weeks prior to the cohort start date.
Once accepted, the applicant must submit the following documents prior to being officially enrolled in the program:
- Sign, date and submit the Enrollment Agreement.
- Deposit of US $500, check or money order, to guarantee placement in the cohort . This deposit is credited toward first quarter tuition fees.
- Copy of a valid CPR (cardiopulmonary resuscitation) health care provider card or certificate.
- Official copy of California acupuncture license for display in Emperor’s College Acupuncture Clinic (CA licensed acupuncturists only).
- Certificate of malpractice insurance with minimum coverage of $1 million/ $3 million, listing Emperor’s College Acupuncture Clinic as an additional insured (CA licensed acupuncturists only).
New Student Orientation
New Student Orientation takes place on the Wednesday of the first doctoral meeting.