The first step in applying for Federal Financial Aid is completing the online FAFSA application. To get started, go to www.studentloans.gov. Emperor’s College school code is 026090. Your FAFSA and all associated Financial Aid documentation should be completed and submitted to the Financial Aid office at least three weeks prior to the start of the academic quarter. Please refer to the Academic Calendar for specific dates.
If you are a current student and wish to begin receiving aid once the quarter has begun, the Financial Aid department will be happy to assist you. You can reach a Financial Aid Officer by calling 310-453-8300 ext.123
Financial Aid Application Process
- Go to www.studentloans.gov
- Create your FSA ID
- Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Complete a Loan Application (Master Promissory Note) at www.studentloans.gov
- Complete an online Entrance Counseling at www.studentloans.gov
- Turn in a Request for Financial Aid form to the Financial Aid Office
- Provide at least two (2) identification documents to Emperor’s Financial Aid Office. At least one must include a picture:
- a copy of your Social Security Card
- a copy of your current Driver’s License
- a copy of your birth certificate
- a copy of your passport
- eligible non-citizens must also provide a copy of their Residency card
- Register for at least nine (9) academic units per quarter at Emperor’s College.
If you are a veteran, military service person, or otherwise eligible, Emperor’s College can help you secure funding through the post-9/11 GI Bill. In addition to the above steps, you should also visit www.gibill.va.gov. A Financial Aid Officer can also assist you through the process.
International students may be eligible for trustworthy, non-government loans such as the Sallie Mae Smart Option Student Loan program, or others. For more information go to www.internationalstudentloan.com.